LOOP by John W Townsend.

Nothing special, nothing abnormal, just a day like any other.
I awoke, meandered through the same usual things, as you do. That morning ending up with a black Coffee, the milk had turned, had no choice.
Halfway through the Coffee, I started to ponder on what my plans were for that day, not that I had many plans, other than work. As I pondered on my day, a word kind of appeared from nowhere, well appeared as it were in my head, a rather loud thought. Trianphillis was the thought, just a word. 'What?' I recall thinking, 'Where did that come from?'
The absurd thing that unfolded was that this word would not go away. Imagine everytime you think, you hear a word, as if broadcast in the air. Trianphillis, over and over you hear it. No matter where you go, it is there. Thats is what it was like in my head, that word had invaded my whole thinking.
I sat still, very, very still. I tried so hard to clear my head of any thoughts, like deep meditation I thought nothing. When I was in that moment, silence. Yet a second would pass, it was back. It was driving me crazy. Over and over and over it rattled on, Trianphillis, Trianphillis, Trianphillis.
I could not dismiss it, that word refused to stop. Despite my need to leave for work, that fact I had had now left the house, was heading for the station. That word was going on and on. 
At the station I guess I flipped, became more than uncool. At the ticket barrier I shouted at this voice in my head, that crazy word. I shouted aloud, 'Shut up!' People looked at me shocked, then presummed I was talking to someone on a mobile, we do appear to talk to ourselves on those crazy things, so I kind of got away with it. 
On the train the word in my head kept repeating, no let up at all, though I was strangely accepting it as if it were background noise. It had made me feel quite miserable, I felt sure that this word was known by me, it was so frustrating that I could not address it, find some logic so as to deal with it, like, why it was going on and on and on.
I arrived at my work place, my acceptance of this nusiance word, whatever you want to call it, kind of allowed me to go through the day, with only the frustration of its prescence, except.
At 3.56 pm I was handed a batch of plans for urgent approval. I needed to look them over and cross check that all the clients and buyers had approved the transactions, that all the legal ticks had been signed out. It was at 4. 25 I looked at the second plan and my eyes, my head, they kind of screemed allowed, like billowing echo's that ran down never ending marbled corridor. The buyer was Trianphillis. au. I felt a cold shiver travel through my body as I looked through the plan. I had no connection with this company, never seen the name before, yet it had been shouting in my head all day, and here it was, a name on paper in front of me?
I looked over the transaction data, noted they dealt in Nanotonic Brain Matrix Implants, whatever that was, the transaction was for Neuro Transmitters. I signed it off in a hurry, as I did a voice in my head said, 'Thank you.'
Ever since then I have not been been disturbed by that word, but by, what was that all about? What on earth was going on?

Comments