THE ON-LINE SHOP by John W Townsend.

At last I had decided to go for it, upgrade my PC to a more powerful system, one that would cope with all my expectations and demands.
I had considered all the options, HP, Dell, Mac, Windows, then I stumbled across a site that seemed too good to be true , and believe me I did almost give it the click elbow. Then I saw it had all the systems in one, could transfer all my data to view on my tv, and was three times more powerful than any I had seen, yet was on offer for the price of the weakest PC I did not want.
Anyway I clicked to browse the site, and was met with a most pleasent surprise, it was all in a Halftwits language, which was my usual understanding. The price was tax paid, delivery paid, and carried a full three year warranty. Skeptic I am, it seemed a con, then a pop-up invited me to ask any question, so I did. "What is the bit I am missing, why is it so cheap?" I asked. "Thats got them.", I thought as I waited for a reply, seemed a long time in coming. But then it did, and what a surprise, "There are no hidden costs, or add ons that are hidden. The price is because of the recession, and we need to maintain our sales to reach all people against stiff competition. If you order within the next 30 minutes, we will give you our new IntergalBroadband at 50mg connection totally free for one year. Just add code BB1Y, Looking forward to your buisness. Intergal-Systems."
I was more than impressed, this was better than I had ever seen, so I ordered their Top of the range PC and was promised delivery the next day.
The next day my package arrived as promissed, and as I unpacked it I was throughly impressed.
By late afternoon I had set up and was also using the IntergalBroadband connection, which was unlike any network I had ever used. It was advertising free, and allowed me to connect to all my contacts.
It was in the evening that I was surfing the web, trying to find some information regarding a project I was involved with when found myself transported directly to the place I was viewing. It was astonishing as well as embarrasing, there I was sitting in my chair, PC in front of me, out in some remote place in the Artic. It was freezing cold, and my fingers were stinging as I clicked the back button and found myself at home again. This was astonishing and as I brushed snow off of my keyboard, I sat there trying to make sense of what had happened. Each time I thought of some logic in this, I dismissed it. However, I did try it again, this time searching for The first manned landing on The Moon. As I hit the search button, I was transported into a strange place. One I can only describe as a film set, in a warehouse. There was a huge layout of what looked like the Appolo Moon landing of 1969, but as I sat there in a corner of this huge warehouse like building, sitting at my PC in my chair, I was shocked as several Military men came running acros towards me with guns, I quickly hit the back button and found myself shocked and dazed back in my study.
I have been rather nervous about going online again, but I will keep you updated as to the performance of my new PC.

Comments